Fund Manager of Financial Instruments in Bulgaria EAD (FMFIB) operates as a Fund of Funds (FoF); it allocates targeted public funds from European Union programmes and national co-financing, using special financing schemes (financial instruments).
The FMFIB’s mission is to
- ensure efficient use of EU financial resources;
- create a more favourable business environment, promote employment and economic development in Bulgaria;
- provide enhanced access to financial resources for the private and public sectors in Bulgaria by applying innovative and flexible forms of financing;
- support business competitiveness and sustainability;
- provide opportunities for development of innovative business ideas;
- assist projects with a growth potential;
- improve the quality of life in towns and regions.
The FMFIB has the goals to
- leverage public resources by mobilising additional private capital;
- achieve economies of scale;
- ensure sustainability in fund management by applying corporate practices of proven efficiency and a prudential approach, taking into consideration inherent risks;
- build capacity to manage financial instruments at the national level in order to overcome Bulgaria’s dependence on external expertise in that area.