- public resources* in the amount of EUR 33.3 million (BGN 65.1 million);
*Including an additional BGN 18 million available for support to enterprises affected by the COVID-19 crisis from the terminated Technology Transfer Fund;
- private co-financing in the amount of EUR 5.2 million (BGN 10.2 million) at the fund level.
Goals of the instrument
- support for the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bulgaria;
- assist high-tech companies that need financing in order to enforce and expand their operations;
- facilitate access to capital for commercialisation of developed products and improve their overall capacity to achieve higher growth, including by implementing innovations.
- small and medium-sized enterprises with a high-risk profile at a relatively early stage of development;
- eligible areas: manufacturing of goods using new technologies which reduce unit cost of production; high-tech, software and hardware; e-commerce; innovative products or services, etc.
Type of financing
- alternative financing in the form of equity and quasi-equity investments;
- an investment amount ranging from EUR 750 000 to EUR 3.5 million (BGN 1.5 million to BGN 6.8 million);
Source of the public resources
Operational Programme Innovation and Competitiveness 2014 — 2020 co-financed from the European Regional Development Fund
Current stage of the instrument: active on the market.
Expected number of companies to be supported: 25