- public resources in the amount of EUR 115 million;
- additional financing from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Goals of the instrument
- top up grant financing from the OPE for eligible projects of operators of water and sewage systems;
- reconstruction and upgrading of infrastructure in the water and sewage sector;
- improve the environment by reducing water losses;
- achieve compliance with EU legislation in the environment area.
Operators of water and sewage systems
Type of financing
- loans to operators of water and sewage systems with a repayment term of 15 years, with a grace period of up to 3 years;
- guarantees for commercial banks lending to finance eligible projects of operators of water and sewage systems.
Source of the public resources
Operational Programme Environment 2014 — 2020 co-financed from the European Regional Development Fund and the EU Cohesion Fund
Current status of the financial instrument: active on the market.