- public resources in the amount of EUR 20 million (BGN 38.3 million);
- additional resources from intermediary banks.
Goals of the instrument
- support economic development of rural areas;
- improve the competitiveness of the agricultural sector;
- restore and strengthen the forestry sector;
- promote social inclusion and support for sustainable development of small farms.
- agricultural producers;
- non-agricultural businesses in rural areas.
Type of financing
- loans in EUR or in BGN at relaxed terms for investment purposes or for working capital;
- stand-alone loans or credit topping up project grants already awarded;
- up to EUR 1 million for farmers;
- up to EUR 600 000 for other businesses in rural areas.
Source of the public resources
Rural Development Programme 2014 — 2020 co-financed from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
Current status of the financial instrument: Selection of financial intermediaries.