Financial Instruments Expert/SENIOR EXPERT
Fund Manager of Financial Instruments in Bulgaria EAD (FMFIB) is a sole-owner joint stock company. Its core business activity is to implement the financial instruments available within the programmes co-financed from the European Structural and Investment Funds in Bulgaria during the 2014-2020 programming period. Products managed by FMFIB include risk-sharing financing schemes, portfolio guarantees, infrastructure debt funds, equity and quasi-equity investment funds.
The Financial Instruments Unit is responsible for structuring the financial instruments used by the company and for selecting financial intermediaries (credit and financial institutions, managers of alternative investment funds, etc.) to implement them.
To expand up our team, we are currently seeking to hire:
A Financial Instruments Expert/SENIOR EXPERT
The successful applicant will be responsible for the implementation of debt or equity financial instruments, based on his or her professional experience
The Financial Instruments Expert/Senior Expert works closely with the head of the Financial Instruments Unit and with specialists from the Operational Programmes, Risk Management and Legal Units.
If you believe you meet the recruitment requirements and decide to apply, please send your up-to-date CV and a motivation letter by e-mail to: email@example.com
Your details will be considered and handled in strict confidentiality, in line with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act. Only applicants approved at the document review stage will be contacted.
- Take part in the process of structuring the financial Instruments, including the drafting of technical specifications (term sheets), and discussion drafts of contracts with intermediaries;
- Take part in drafting the selection requirements for financial intermediaries (in accordance with Article 7 of Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 480/2014 and the Public Procurement Act);
- Take part in the process of selecting intermediaries;
- Monitor the proper implementation of the conditions precedent in signed agreements and take part in the disbursement process of contracted funds upon the transaction closure;
- Be responsible for the overall portfolio relationship management in respect with approved financial intermediaries and monitor their performance;
- Take part in conducting regular monitoring of financial and non-financial information required to measure progress, compliance and efficient use of the financial Instruments;
- Where necessary, prepare presentations, take part and represent the company at technical fora and specialized conferences, including internationally;
- Build and maintain a contact network in the area of financial services.
- University degree (Master’s) in economics, finance or business Administration (or similar);
- A professional certificate such as CFA, FRM or ACCA will be considered an advantage;
- At least two years of professional experience for expert position (three years of senior expert position) in a credit institution, an investment fund or a consulting entity in the area of structuring, executing and/or administering transactions in at least one of the following areas:
- − guarantee schemes and risk-sharing schemes;
- − investments in municipal infrastructure;
- − specialized financing (for example, project financing, syndicated loans, etc.);
- − equity and quasi-equity investments in non-public companies, including mezzanine financing. Experience in investing in AIFs or raising investments for an AIF will be considered an advantage;
- Applicants having experience in risk management and control in leading banking institutions will also be considered;
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework concerning ESIFs will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in working in horizontal working parties on project implementation, procedures and practice improvement in a leading credit institution or investment fund will be considered an advantage;
- Excellent computer skills, in particular with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English;
- Self-management and organisation skills, attention to detail